Simple, safe, powerful investments.
Dual Occupancy Properties come in four standard base designs. The best one for each site will be identified and designed to provide the “highest and best use” for the project.
Below are our standard options for Fast Track Approval through a Complying Development Certificate (CDC) under the NSW Low Rise Medium Density Housing Code.
- Dual Occupancy – Attached – A party wall separates the two new dwellings. These are commonly known as Duplexes and we can get Duplexes approved and build quickly depending on the site restraints.
- Dual Occupancy – Detached – With the right design this method produces two Free Standing Houses on two separate titles that may be strata or torrens title and approved within weeks !
- Dual Occupancy – One above the other – Recent changes to planning laws and modern building techniques have made this building method affordable and easier to get approval for. Great for sites where building envelopes are limited.
- Dual Occupancy – With Secondary Dwelling – Commonly known as House and Granny Flat. These properties have two dwellings but only one title. Typically more cost effective to build and have proved very popular over the last several years.
The combinations are many.
What would you do with a Dual Occupancy ?
- Live in one and sell the other
- Live in one and rent the other
- Sell both
- Rent both
- Provide extended family members a home